top of page

Our History

The Calgary Jewish Family Loan Association (CJFLA) has been operating since 1931. Started by Polish-Jewish immigrants mainly from the Switzer, Belzberg and Fishman families, it was originally called the Polish-Jewish Family Loan Association. Ten men each contributed $50 to start the organization. Membership dues were $3 per year and loans up to $50 were repayable in $2 weekly installments.  

2016 Marked Our 85th Year!

The CJFLA has come a long way in 85 years while continuing to maintain strong ties to its roots. Many descendants of the original Board members currently hold Board positions along with several lifelong and newer Jewish Calgarians.

bottom of page